Phone : 9858407777 | Email: adityaeducationbeed2021[at]gmail.com Download Brochure
Food Engineering and Technology
Department of Food Engineering and Technology
Vision of Department
To establish a center of excellence to provide demand driven, value based and quality technical education to make India a developed country through socio-economic transformation.
Mission of Department
1.To improve food especially Indian traditional food in terms of nutrition, safety and functionality employing fundamental and applied sciences.
2. To produce trained personnel of highest standards for the benefit of the industry and society in the field of Food Engineering & Technology and Food Biotechnology.
3. To provide leadership qualities in areas of education, research, innovations and solutions in food and biotech sciences, technology and engineering in order to direct overall activity towards economic growth of India.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. Successful Career: Post-graduates from the programme will have successful technical or professional careers in food industry
2. Higher Study: Post-graduates from the programme will continue to do research related to food engineering and technology in top institutes across the world
3. Lifelong Learning: Post-graduates from the programme will continue to learn and adopt in a world of constantly evolving technology in the domain of food engineering and technology
Program Outcomes (POs)
PO1: An ability to independently carry out research or investigation and development work to solve practical problems
PO2: An ability to write and present a substantial technical report or document
PO3: An ability to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area of food engineering and technology
PO4: An ability to use and evaluate modern techniques or tools applied in food processing, analysis and packaging
PO5: An ability to provide solution to the issues related to nutrition, food safety and regulatory affairs
There are career opportunities in areas like Food processing, production and quality assurance. Students after B. Tech in Food Technology can try for job profiles like Food technologist, Product/Process development Scientist, Food Inspector, Quality Manager Food Processing Operator, and Food Research Analyst etc.
Graduates in B.Tech food technology can find jobs in various government organizations, laboratories etc. Many firms working under the Food Corporation of India recruit graduates in this field. Many private sector organizations like Amul, Cadbury, Britannia, Nestle, etc recruit professionals in food technology.
There is plenty of scope available in food technology. The key scopes are given below:
- As organic chemists, food technologist advises on the methods by which the raw materials have to be converted into processed food.
- As biochemists, they suggest improvements in flavour, texture, storage, and quality.
- As home economists, they become the expert in dietetics and nutrition and they test the food and recipes according to the directions on the containers.
- As engineers, they are required for planning, designing, improving and maintaining the processing systems.
- As research scientists, they carry out experiments regarding improvement in yield, flavour, nutritive value and general acceptability of the packaged food.
- As managers and accountants, they manage administration and the finances apart from supervising the processing work.